Lledr Hall

MYSTERY ! . . . Was it ever Elenor Glyn’s house ? [Elenor Glyn was a British actress, novelist and scriptwriter. She specialised in romantic fiction, which was considered scandalous for its time!]

Butterpool, as it was originally called, was built in 1904, by Mr W Fitz-Norman Ellis, a wealthy and beneficent businessman (with connections to the arts), as a fishing and summer retreat. Fitz-Norman Ellis employed local workers to build and make alterations during slow winter months when other work was scarce.

March 22nd 1907 . . .

Lledr Hall later became a Christian guest house, then 1974 was bought by Salford City Council as an outward bound centre.Lledr Hall c

Lledr Hall b

Lledr Hall, C.H.A. Guesthouse

Lledr Hall with Butter Pool

Lledr Hall with Butter Pool

hgc copy

Members of the Fitz-Norman Ellis family.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you look closely, it appears that one of the family was added later ! . . .

‘Lledr Hall family. Lledr Hall built in 1904 from the timbers used in the Pavilion of the Blaenau Ffestiniog Eisteddfod of 1899’

vh copy>
Lledr Hall a