Happily for the valley, Plas Hall was bought by Carrie and Mike White in late 2015. They are now lovingly restoring the building, and have returned to the more pleasing name of, Plas Penaeldroch Manor. they is now open for food again, cooked by the local lovely Jane ‘Cakes’ Carus, and will soon be open for overnight guests again.
Cambrian News – January 1884
A SHOOTING LODGE is nearly completed close to the romantic old bridge at Pont-y-Pant. It is on the right bank of the River Lledr, on the summit of a rugged hill, and has been built for Mr George De Wolf, a wealthy gentleman from Liverpool who is part owner of the Prince Llewelyn Quarry. Some twelve months ago we had the pleasure of knowing his liberality in contributing the sum of £5 to be distributed amongst the paupers of Dolwyddelan.