From the front page of the chapel register.
Pont-y-Pant Church of England Mission Chapel was built in 1869/70, to aid the conversion of the heathens, and non-conformists of Pont-y-Pant, back to the Church of England, as well as catering for the growing number of English workers imported to work on the estates of the wealthy incomers.
The church that once comprised the church proper, and a small house attached for the incumbent, is now converted to a private dwelling. A most striking feature being the two giant redwood trees, that must surely be the tallest gateposts in the world!
The chapel lectern (just visible in the photo above) imaginatively reused.
Note the small trees either side of the gate, now towering examples of treehood!
Floor plan prior to conversion to a private residence.
(1937 Raphael Tuck)
Pont-y-Pant Children’s Choir 1911-12. The choirmaster, David McNaughton seated with a beard. McNaughton lived in Prince Llewelyn Terrace, a mile towards Dolwyddelan village. Three of his children, Jessie, Mannie and Bob are seated in front of him.
(Valentine’s, postmarked 1930)